What are students saying?
One of the greatest resources on campus!
My PL answered every question I ever asked; introduced me to so many resources in the library!
She helped me learn how to do research.
I think it's underappreciated because it's such a great resource and people don't realize that!
"I love the idea of having a personal librarian. She really helped me with my 20 page paper when I had no idea where to start with sources."
I found it super helpful and plan on using it in the future. Thanks for the help!
I think having the option there is a great idea, and the online resource where you can chat with a librarian at any time. It was very helpful when I was writing some papers!
What is the Personal Librarian Program?
The Personal Librarian (PL) Program at Belk Library matches first year Elon students with their own Personal Librarian. Your Personal Librarian serves as your point of contact for Belk Library. All PLs are dedicated to helping undergraduates be successful. While we hold different positions in Belk Library, all of us work frequently with Elon students and faculty.
Think of your PL as your library advisor – someone who will help you build the skills to successfully navigate your academic path during your years at Elon. How much or how little you choose to make use of your PL is up to you – your PL is here to help you.
How can my Personal Libarian help me?
Your Personal Librarian will help you:
- Find information, identify the best sources, and understand citations
- Get started with a paper or project; if we don’t know the answer, we’ll find someone who does
- Stay informed about new resources or reminders about changes in library hours
- When you’re away from campus via email or chat
We can also answer your questions (big or small) about the library:
- How can I find articles for a research paper?
- How do I get an article or book that the library doesn’t have?
- How do I know if Belk Library has a book or DVD that I need?
- How do I find books/articles/DVDs that are on reserve for my class?
Need help with writing, homework or computer stuff?
We'd love to help you with everything, but we can suggest better resources for: