Before you go to your next job or internship interview, prepare.
Research Your Company.
Show your interviewer you are knowledgeable and interested.
- Identify the company type:
- Review a company profile using Hoovers or Marketline or GuideStar;
Smaller private companies will be in ReferenceUSA:
- company's product: manufacturing or service
- company size
- net income "the bottom line"
- headquarters location
- strategic plan
- Find out more about the company's industry using IBISWorld
- research industry performance
- competitive landscape
- major players
- Ask informed questions about the company; find these at FirstResearch
- select the industry
- interview prep questions and SWOT
- What is it like to work for a certain company; find company reviews on Glassdoor